Choosing the right playlist for a wedding can be a daunting task, and it can be especially difficult to determine what songs to avoid playing. Certain songs may be inappropriate, may not fit the mood, or may simply not be crowd-pleasers. Here are some of the most common “do not play” songs at weddings.
1. “Every Breath You Take” by The Police: While this song may seem like a romantic ballad, the lyrics are actually about obsession and stalking. It’s not the best choice for a wedding playlist.
2. “Gold Digger” by Kanye West: The lyrics of this song are about women who are only interested in a man’s money. It’s not a great choice for a wedding where the focus is on love and commitment.
3. “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston: This song may seem like a romantic choice, but it’s actually about a breakup. It may not be the best choice for a wedding where the focus is on the couple’s commitment to each other.
4. “Love Stinks” by The J. Geils Band: This song is a classic breakup anthem, and it’s not the best choice for a wedding where the focus is on love and commitment.
5. “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion: While this song may be a classic love ballad, it’s also associated with the tragic love story from the movie Titanic. It may not be the best choice for a wedding where the focus is on celebrating the couple’s love.
Choosing the right playlist for a wedding can be a challenge, but avoiding these “do not play” songs can help ensure that the focus is on love and commitment. By working with a professional DJ or wedding planner, couples can create a playlist that reflects their personal tastes and sets the right tone for their special day.
Good post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis. Its always exciting to read content from other authors and use a little something from other web sites.